Sunday, January 9, 2011

the final best pickle meal plan...

This will be the last post for The Best Pickle in its current form. I've found lately, as you may have noticed by my increasingly sporadic posts, that it's becoming more and more difficult to juggle a full-time job, planning and preparing nightly meals, and writing about my meal plans. I've realized that I have to give something up--my job pays the bills and if I gave up my meal planning and cooking, I wouldn't have anything to blog about, so unfortunately, this blog is coming to a close. I've loved this opportunity to document my meal plans and (mostly) healthy and delicious dinners. I have also loved getting to know my readers and hearing about your healthy recipes and meal planning tips. I hope to one day begin blogging again, although in a modified format--I've been posting about 6 days a week in this current format and that has proven to be too much, so if I bring back The Best Pickle, it will be some other incarnation. Any suggestions on what you would like to read and learn about?

Thank you all for reading and following my blog. Thanks also to Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, Bon App├ętit Blogs, and the Nutrition Blog Network for their support and recognition. Here's my final meal plan!

Meal 1: beet & fennel soup with kefir, roast chicken & potatoes
Meal 2: chicken tacos with pinto beans
Meal 3: tomato, fennel, & crab soup; salad with miso-ginger dressing
Meal 4: pasta with butternut squash, chickpeas, & kasseri; salad
Meal 5: caribbean succotash with shrimp and brown rice

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to see you go, Tracy! We have enjoyed many of your meal plans. I hope to see "the best pickle" in its new form in the future-

    Best wishes,
    M. Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michele! Glad you're enjoyed my meal plans.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.