Thursday, December 9, 2010

wednesday - quesadillas with kale & pinto beans, autumn chicken stew

Tonight we had a super-quick meal using autumn chicken stew that's been in the freezer along with kale and pinto bean quesadillas. The soup was originally based on this recipe from eatingwell.com, and while I thought it was kind of mediocre initially, I liked it a lot more this time around. It was more flavorful after hanging out in the freezer for a few weeks.



As for the quesadillas, I had a pack of tortillas left over from last week that needed to be used, and as you may have noticed recently, I really, really like quesadillas. The only change I made from this recipe was using a 4-ounce can of diced green chiles instead of the fresh Anaheim chile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.