Friday, December 17, 2010

thursday - salmon with lingonberry-chipotle sauce, green beans with prosciutto, & mashed sweet potatoes

These side dishes are two of my all-time favorites. Green beans are not one of my favorite vegetables, but the addition of prosciutto, lemon zest, and pine nuts in this recipe from eatingwell.com transforms them into something amazing. It's a little more time consuming than most side dishes I make, but I paired it with a simple entr√©e--broiled salmon topped with lingonberry-chipotle sauce, which was a surprisingly delicious combination--so the whole meal still came together quickly. I actually think trimming the green beans is the worst part--I'd like a sous chef for Christmas, please. I omitted the sage, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. This mashed sweet potato recipe, also from eatingwell.com, is unbelievably good, and so simple! It has only three ingredients (well, four if you count the salt)--sweet potatoes, ginger, and coconut milk. It's easy and quick to prepare, and it's unbelievably delicious. Both of these sides would be wonderful for a holiday meal, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.