Tuesday, December 28, 2010

meal plan

We're finally back in Portland after a week in sunny Arizona, and I must say, it's nice to return to this gray, rainy sky. A short meal plan this week, though.

What did you have for Christmas dinner? On Christmas eve, my husband and I had Domino's Pizza. Yup. I could go into the myriad reasons why, but suffice it to say, I'm glad to be back to normal. It was, however, a great holiday and so nice to see family and friends.

Meal 1: wheat berry-pinto bean soup, quesadillas
Meal 2: winter salad with seared scallops & roasted squash, corn chowder
Meal 3: eggplant & chickpea stew, quinoa, sautéed kale
Meal 4: eggplant & chickpea baked pasta

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your meal #3, especially the quinoa and sauteed kale. I do the kale fairly often and love it. Quinoa, though, is more of a stretch for me. As a registered dietitian, I encourage all my clients to try something new. So, will you pls help me with some ideas for preparing quinoa -- the simpler, the better. Thanks!
    Cindy S. www.marketbasketnutrition.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just served plain cooked quinoa with the stew on Wednesday night--an easy preparation for sure! If you're interested in other ways to prepare it, click on "quinoa" in the "searching for a specific ingredient" section on the right. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we include a fresh mango pickle in the Meal plan...

    Picklemasti offers you a sample of Mango Pickle (100gms) at your doorstep absolutely FREE!!!! Just avail this sample by paying a minimal amount as shipping charges. We guarantee your meals to be appetizing and will definitely tickle your taste buds

    It adds the extra “oomph” to every meal. visit www.picklemasti.com to avail the free sample.

    ReplyDelete