Thursday, November 4, 2010

tuesday - mustard-maple pork tenderloin, roasted delicata squash and onions, salad

I was so excited to eat this meal that I could barely even take time to snap a quick photo. I love the sweet and savory Dijon mustard-maple syrup sauce in this pork tenderloin recipe from eatingwell.com. I followed the recipe except for using rosemary instead of sage, and it's absolutely delicious (and easy!).

Even better, though, was the roasted delicata sqaush and onions, a recipe from this month's EatingWell magazine. It also had Dijon, maple syrup, and rosemary, so it paired nicely with the pork. I haven't had delicata squash before, and it's definitely my new favorite winter squash. Such a delicious flavor, better than the more common butternut squash, and it has a thin skin that doesn't require peeling before cooking. Hurrah! I love being able to eliminate a time-consuming step. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't have changed a thing. Expect to see more delicata squash here on The Best Pickle in the coming weeks.

I also served a simple salad of arugula, chevre, and pepitas, tossed with red wine vinaigrette (made up of red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.