Sunday, November 14, 2010

meal plan

We went lingonberry picking yesterday at Friendship Farm--so fun, despite the cold and rain! Thanks to our friends Meagan and Mike for taking us. I now have lots and lots of lingonberries and no experience using them. Any suggestions?



I'm planning on making lingonberry preserves this week, since nearly all of the recipes I've found call for that rather than the fresh berries. Also, I've decided to substitute them in the place of cranberries in my favorite cranberry sauce recipe--I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Meal 1: pork tenderloin with chipotle-lingonberry sauce, vegetable (TBD), delicata squash with orange & pistachios
Meal 2: veggie lasagna with pesto, salad
Meal 3: seared scallops with roasted squash salad & pomegranate vinaigrette
Meal 4: chicken potpie with butternut squash & white bean soup
Meal 5: wheat berry & black bean chili with cornbread muffins

2 comments:

  1. So it's really weird....I had just pulled up the chicken potpie recipe on the Eating Well website and had said to Dustin that I wanted to make it this week. And THEN I came over to your blog to see that you are making the same recipe this week! I must've gotten the chicken potpie good juju vibe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was their "recipe of the day" yesterday, so it was prominently featured on their website. I've only had chicken potpie once in my life and have never made it--apparently it's a very compelling photo or something! Let me know how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.