Monday, September 27, 2010

sunday - grilled halibut & zucchini with romesco, arugula & white bean salad

I had a bit of romesco sauce in my freezer that was left over from dinner a couple of weeks ago, so last night I defrosted it to serve with grilled halibut and zucchini. I rubbed the halibut with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grilled it for about 3 minutes per side. I sliced the zucchini lengthwise, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and grilled until tender, also about 3 minutes per side. I then cut the zucchini into bite-sized pieces and tossed with about 1/4 cup of the romesco--it had a nice flavor, but unfortunately was a bit mushy. Less time on the grill should prevent that. I served additional romesco with the halibut.



I based the salad on a recipe from Ellie Krieger's cookbook, The Food You Crave--the recipe isn't posted on foodnetwork.com, but there is a video of her preparing the salad on her show. I tossed arugula and tomato with a simple vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. I then topped the salad with white beans, crumbled soft goat cheese, and fresh basil. It was a delicious salad and would make a nice light meal served with soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.