Friday, August 6, 2010

thursday - grilled sirloin with garlic scape pesto, roasted corn with basil-shallot vinaigrette, & salad

It's a bit late in the season, but I came across garlic scapes at the farmers' market last weekend and jumped at the chance to make more pesto. I followed this recipe from Dorie Greenspan's blog, but made a double batch and plan to freeze it and blend it with additional herbs in the coming nights. I rubbed a thin slice of sirloin (about 3 ounces) with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and grilled it for about 2 minutes per side, then topped it with the vibrant, garlicky pesto.

I also made this roasted corn recipe from eatingwell.com. This is a great recipe to showcase summery flavors like sweet corn and fresh basil. I followed the recipe exactly, so I won't repost it here. I tossed a green salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and goat cheese with a vinaigrette made up of red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Everything came together quickly, and it was a flavorful summer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.