Tuesday, August 17, 2010

monday - grilled mahi mahi with chimichurri, collard greens with chorizo and peppers

I once again used a recipe from The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern cookbook last night--this time I tried their collard greens with chorizo and peppers. Courtney didn't join me for dinner, so I used pork chorizo instead of soyrizo as I usually do. This was a tasty dish--spicy chorizo and strips of poblano peppers stirred into wilted collard greens. I liked it, and so far I've been pleased with all of the recipes I've tried from their cookbook. I had leftover collards and chorizo for breakfast with two poached eggs on top--delicious.



For the entrée, I grilled a mahi mahi fillet and topped it with leftover chimichurri from Sunday night. It was tasty, but a bit routine--the star was definitely the spicy collard greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.