Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sunday - grilled swordfish with mango-sesame noodles and peas

I've been a bit remiss with my posts this week--I blame the cherries. I may have overshot how much I could reasonably process, along with the pickling cucumbers and blueberries I also brought home this weekend. Whew. Sunday's meal took under 20 minutes to prepare, since I used the leftover mango-sesame dressing from the chicken & vegetables I made last week. I based the meal on this recipe at epicurious.com, but I used swordfish instead of chicken. The soba noodles & peas cooked in three minutes, and the swordfish cooked up quickly on the grill.

Grilled Swordfish with Mango-Sesame Soba Noodles and Snap Peas

1 8- to 9-ounce package Japanese-style noodles (such as soba or udon)
12 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup Mango-Sesame Dressing
2 6-ounce swordfish steaks
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
Sesame seeds (optional)
Chili garlic sauce (optional)

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles. Cook 1 minute (or 2 minutes less than recommended cooking time on package), then add snap peas and cook an additional 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pasta and peas, and rinse with cold water until cool. Transfer to large bowl, and toss with sesame oil. Add cilantro, and toss with enough dressing to coat.

Rub swordfish with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Top noodles and swordfish with sesame seeds and chili garlic sauce, if desired, and drizzle with any remaining dressing.
_____

Noodles and peas:



Finished plate:



This week's actual meal plan and grocery list--nothing fancy here:



Cherries (6 lbs. of Rainiers)...



cherries (Bings)...



and more cherries (Gibralters)...



Plus our hand-picked blueberries. I'll say it again, whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.